Monday 17 November 2014

The Slug Hunter

Finally finding the time to post some more work-in-progress images.
This time it the "Slug Hunter".
Since this year was apparently a very good year for slugs and our garden was rather infested with them, I was wishing for a creature to hunt them.

With this in mind I decided to create a little Garden Ork that's hunting slugs.
Initially I wanted to pose him on a dead slug, but changed it to maintain a more pleasant appearance :P

The basic pose
First details, like the boots and belly button.
 
The boots also received some clasps.
 
Knee pads.
 
Then I created some bracelets, a belt, loincloth, and a vest.
 
 
And then it was time for the most dangerous part of the project.
Removal of the skeleton aperture.
 
Luckily I was able to remove everything without major damage.
 
So I was able to add more details, like pouches and a small skull
 
A shield, in the form of a shell on his back.
 
 
And I started with the "face" for the slug.
 
with the body mostly complete, I started on the hunters head, starting with the hair.
 
 
Then the basic eyebrows and lips
 
Starting with the eyes
 
 
And adding the long nose
 
 
Ears
 
Fits the pose.
 
 
 
Finished face.
 
Some final cleanup and it's ready for curing and the oven.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you like this little update and I look forward to feedback and comments.
Cheers
klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment