Friday 7 November 2014

The Monk

This monk's head is another mask style piece, about 15cm big.
 
As base I used an old plastic package of a computer mouse - it has the perfect shape for such a mask.
After applying the clay for the basic form I added the first facial shapes and guiding lines.
Then I sculpted the basic shape for the nose
and added the volume for the lips.
Eyebrow shape and basic mouth.
building up the eyes.
Starting to give the eyes their form.
Smoothing the eyeballs and adding the iris'
And the pupils.
Smoothing the skin and defining some of the larger wrinkles
Then some facial hair, using a stiff brush and a knife.
Scalp hair in the same way.
And finally the hood.
Depending on the light, it looks very different.
This piece is currently at a friends house, to get burned.
I hope you like it and I look forward to your comments and feedback.
Cheers
klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment